Monday, May 18, 2009

Hello Again!!




So, I haven't blogged in forever......Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I am only sorta keepin' it Raw! I am still totally committed to the Raw lifestyle and have not wavered in my smoothie drinking and salad eating. I started working out at my local gym in the beginning of February, and didn't really know what to do with my startling increase in appetite. I obviously increased my Raw food intake, but ultimately started eating bread again...which led to dairy products....which led to chicken and fish. Huh! How'd that happen??

I know that I will continue to eat some cooked foods, but really need to cut out the dairy pronto!! Within a month of eating dairy products, I was sick with a raging sinus infection (hadn't been sick AT ALL since cutting them out). I fought it with nasal irrigation for awhile. In the past I have had success using only that. After three weeks, I realized this was not enough. Being completely unwilling to go the antibiotic route, I decided to try honey. Yes, honey!

Recent articles in natural health magazines have been touting the benefits of honey. More specifically, they have discussed the antibiotic properties of honey, and it's effectiveness against sinus infections. Studies have shown it is as effective as prescription antibiotics! I read "the darker, the better" when using honey for this purpose and, obviously, raw honey is ideal.

So I started my new routine of two heaping tablespoons of honey a day, plus echinacea/golden seal, garlic, and increased probiotics. Within 7 days, all evidence (if you know what I mean!) of my sinus infection was gone except for slight nasal congestion! Unbelievable! Within three more days I was as good as new! This was one of the worst sinus infections I have ever had, so there's no coincidence here. I definitely recommend giving it a go if you find your sinuses troubling you!

No comments: